The Reishi or Lingzhi mushroom is well known for its immune boosting capabilities. In ancient China it was referred to as the mushroom of immortality and eaten exclusively by royalty due to it rarity. Medicinal use of Reishi dates back over 4000 years.
1. Cardiovascular Benefits Reishi has been shown in some studies to inhibit platelet aggregation and reduce blood pressure. In studies of people with hypertension, researchers found blood pressure was significantly reduced over two-weeks' time with reishi supplementation.
2. Immune Benefits Reishi is commonly prescribed by practitioners for long-term immune system support. In studies involving patients with advanced tumors, the patients were given Reishi for thirty days. Researchers found a marked immune-modulating effect as demonstrated by an increase in T lymphocytes and decreased CD8 counts. Patients also reported reduced side effects due to chemotherapy or radiation as well as post operation recovery.
3. Blood Sugar Balance Studies have shown Reishi to have a blood sugar lowering effect. Much of this activity appears to be due to polysaccharides known as Ganoderans A, B, and C. It appears there are three main mechanisms behind this hypoglycemic effect. This includes Reishi's ability to elevate plasma insulin levels, to enhance peripheral tissue utilization of glucose, and to enhance liver metabolism of glucose.
4. Anti-inflammatory Effects Studies have shown that hot-water extracts of Reishi have anti-inflammatory effects. One study found that 50 milligrams of Reishi powder had comparable effects to 5 milligrams of hydrocortisone.
5. Liver Protector Reishi is commonly used for its hepatoprotective (liver protective) action. One study of patients with hepatitis B and elevated liver enzymes (SGOT/ SGPT) and bilirubin were given reishi for three months. Significant reduction in SGOT and SGPT were noticed within one month. After three months all values were within normal range.
6. Oxygenation One of the unique uses of Reishi is for altitude sickness. Reishi appears to reduce altitude sickness by oxygenating the blood. This benefit was studied in Asian mountain climbers that ascended mountains as high as 17,000 feet with minimal reaction.
2 oz - $18.00Please note that order processing may take 7-10 days before shipping.