Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume known as velvet bean or cowitch and by other common names (Velvet Bean, Cowitch, Cowhage, Cow-itch, Buffalo bean), found in Africa, India and the Caribbean.
Mucuna pruriens has been found to contain L-DOPA, 40 mg/g of the plant. The plant/seeds contain the bioactive alkaloids mucunine, mucunadine, mucuadinine and pruriendine, besides B-sitosterol, glutathione, lecithin, oils, venolic and gallic acids. Studies in experimental model show L-Dopa also helps in the reduction of cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Mucuna Pruriens:
• Improved mood and sense of well-being
• Improved sleep (promotes deep sleep)
• Increased energy levels
• Reduced body fat & decreased cellulite
• Increased lean muscle mass
• Decreased wrinkles, Improved skin texture & appearance
• Increased bone density and reversal of osteoporosis
• Enhanced libido & sexual performance
• Strengthen the immune system
• Improved cholesterol profile & regeneration of organs (heart, kidney, liver, lungs) and tissues
2 oz - $18.00Please note that order processing may take 7-10 days before shipping.